Sunday, March 24, 2013

St. Jude Trike-a-Thon

Five years ago, when teaching k5, I started the BSS St. Jude Trike-a-Thon.  Students raise money for St. Jude Cancer Research, learn about bike safety, and end with bringing their bikes to school and riding them!  I am so thankful and glad that Cathy Delpit took it over when I moved up to second grade.  This year the 5th Annual Trike-a-Thon was Friday, and now my son was participating in it!  It was such a sweet feeling to see something you've started up progress and carry on, and the icing on the cake was watching my son get to enjoy it as well.  There were three or four of my second graders who had younger siblings in the k5 and k4 classes as well so we were all able to watch and show our support.  As well as have some fun cheering them all on!


girls filming with the ipod
  
my little man